罗杰的助理给谭留下一个样品,谭正在向罗杰询问这款装置的一些问题,来看看她们都讨论了产品的哪些功能吧。
建议学时:1学时
Skills: 学会表述产品功能。
Roger and Tan are talking about service life of a type of equipment.
罗杰和谭正在谈论一款装置的使用寿命。
- R: Good morning, Mr. Tan.
- 罗杰:早上好,谭先生。
- T: Good morning, Mr. Roger. Welcome to Xiamen. Nice to see you again, Jeff.
- 谭:早上好,罗杰先生。欢迎到厦门。杰夫,很高兴再次见到您。
- R: I'm glad that you can see me today.
- 罗杰:很高兴您今天能见我。
- T: Don't mention it, Mr. Roger. You are an important supplier to me. Well, your assistant Jeff left a sample here yesterday, and I am quite interested in it. You know, this new smart anti-theft device is to the taste of European market.
- 谭:别这么客气,罗杰先生。您是我们的重要供应商。对了,您的助理杰夫昨天留下的一个样品让我很感兴趣。您知道,这种新的智能防盗装置在欧洲很受欢迎。
- R: I should be very happy to give you any further information you need on it.
- 罗杰:如果您需要,我们很乐意提供更多信息。
- T: Yes, what are the specifications?
- 谭:好的。都有哪些规格?
- R: If I may refer you to page eight of the brochure, you'll find all the specifications there.
- 罗杰:如果您看一下手册的第 8 页,就会在那儿找到所有的规格。
- T: Ah, yes. Now what about service life?
- 谭:好的。关于使用寿命呢?
- J: You see, Mr. Tan. Our tests indicate that this model can work for at least 50 , 000 hours.
- 杰夫:谭先生,您看,我们的实验表明,它至少可以使用 5 万小时。
- T: Is that an average figure for this type of equipment?
- 谭:这是这种设备的平均数据吗?
- J: Oh, no, far from it. That's about 4 , 000 hours longer than others made in its price range.
- 杰夫:不是的,差距很大。相比此价格范围内的其他产品,它要多 4 000 小时左右。
- T: That's impressive. Now what happens if something goes wrong when we're using it?
- 谭:这一点给我印象颇深。不过,如果这款设备在我们使用过程中发生故障,该怎么办呢?
- R: If that were to happen, just contact our nearest agent and they'll send someone round immediately.
- 罗杰:一旦发生那样的情况,请同我们最近的办事处联系,他们会马上派人过去的。
- T: I see. Do you offer discounts for regular purchases?
- 谭:我明白了。长期购买的话,你们提供折扣吗?
- R: Yes, we do indeed. Our usual figure is around 5% , but that depends on the size of the order.
- 罗杰:是的,我们有折扣。通常是 5%左右,这也要根据订货的多少来定。
- T: Yes, of course. Well, thank you very much.
- 谭:那是当然。好的,谢谢你们。
- R: Not at all. I hope we shall be hearing from you very shortly.
- 罗杰:不客气,希望很快能听到您的消息。
- T: I expect you will, Mr. Roger.
- 谭:我想会的,罗杰先生。
supplier /səˈplaɪər/
n. 供应商
specifications /ˌspesɪfɪˈkeɪʃənz/
n. 规格
v
Roger and Tan are talking about service life of a type of equipment.
核对答案
if 条件句
If that were to happen, just contact our nearest agent and they'll send someone round immediately. 假如真的发生了,请联系我们最近的服务点,他们会立刻派人过来的。
• 上面的 if 条件句中用的是“ if + were to do sth. ”的结构,表示这种情况不太可能发生。if 引导的与现在事实不符或相反的条件句中,条件从句的结构一般为: If +主语+动词的一般过去式( be 动词一般用 were ),结果主句的结构一般为:主语+ would / could / might +动词原形。例如:
I am sorry I am very busy just now. If I had time, I would certainly go to the movie with you.
If it were to rain, I would stay at home.
•Talk about plans
— What do you plan to do for your holiday?
— I have to go on a business trip with my boss.
— Have you decided where you are going on holiday?
— I can't choose between Italy and France.
•Describe functions of a product
What are the specifications?
Is that an average figure for this type of equipment?
This model can work for at least 50 , 000 hours.
That's about 4 , 000 hours longer than others made in its price range.